Sunday, May 24, 2009

A New Hobby


Our daughter's school has a fundraiser auction every spring, and one of the things I bid on this year was knitting lessons from one of the other mums. I was so excited to win!

I had my first lesson Wednesday night, and Kristi is a fabulous teacher. She taught me how to cast on and to knit. I finished this scarf on Friday (it's much longer than it looks in the photo), and I'm looking forward to learning how to bind off. :)

I have a feeling this is the beginning of a fun, new hobby. It certainly is relaxing, and like Jell-o, there's always room for just one more hobby. Right? ;)

3 comments:

  1. This is SO great, Marcy! I started learning to knit this winter and I am still working on my 1st scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Marcy~ the colors are so warm. I've always wanted to learn to knit. Enjoy your new hobby! :)

    Lori W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... good for you! This looks awesome!! I crochet ... don't like knitting (makes me nervous). I hope you enjoy your new hobby!

    ReplyDelete