Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Card Parade

Here are some more cards that I've made recently...
This one was for my best friend's daughter, who turned 10! in April. 10! Yikes! The images are from The Greeting Farm. I love their cute, contemporary look with the wide open spaces for coloring and paper piecing. Great designs for kids, tweens, and those who just adore cuteness. I colored the images with Copic markers, popped the chick up on a foam dot for dimension, and added Stickles glitter glue to the dp from Chatterbox.

Compare the coloring of this image to the two below, and you will get a very visual picture of the difference between watercolor crayons and Copic markers.


I made this card for my dear mum for Mother's Day. The image is from Crafty Secrets' Fairyland set. I used Stampin' Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color the image. The dp is from K&Company.

I had asked my dad, who is an antique dealer, to be on the look out for vintage buttons for me, and he came through in spectacular fashion, as usual. I now have a large collection of fantastic buttons, like the one I used in the center of this flower.

Here's a neat trick for altering metal embellishments: I only had a silver buckle left in my stash but wanted it to match the button. So to change the color and age it, I painted it with a gold leafing pen and swiped it with Timber Brown Stazon, and voila! an aged brass buckle was the result.
Finally, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week at my daughter's school. This is the card I sent in for Card Shower Day for her kindergarten teacher. I had this in my small stash of "extra" cards. I really need to work harder at making cards ahead of time, so I have them on hand. I typically make cards with a specific person in mind. While I'm creating, I like to think about the person receiving the card and pray for them. Besides being a creative outlet, this pouring of love into my projects is the main reason I love making cards and scrapbooks so much.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that Kaity's card was featured! It is SOOO cute! Again, thank you for blessing us with your God-given talents! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are ALL adorable!! I'm going backward to check the all out but please forgive me if I don't comment on each and every one!! Don't want to fill your in-basket up with all my ramblings!!

    ReplyDelete