Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Day!



It's birthday party season! There's something about spring that seems to trigger the need to celebrate among the ten and under set. My 6-year-old's social calendar for the next few months puts my last 5 or so years to shame. But that's okay because if I'm lucky, like today, I get a little adult interaction in the process of dropping off and picking up my lil' social butterfly.

I made the card above for one of my daughter's classmates, who had a bug/insect themed party today. To make the space in the grass for the ladybug, I stamped half of the Row of Grass stamp (thank you Jason & Megan!) from Daisy Bucket Designs on each side of the paper. The ladybug and sentiment are from Heidi Grace Designs.

I colored the card with Copic markers, which are lovely alcohol-based markers that color like a dream. I have just a small collection of these markers, so I'm just a novice with them, but they are absolutely fantastic. I especially like to use them when I want bright, vibrant colors, particularly for kids' cards.

Wishing you a happy day too!

1 comment: