Monday, May 18, 2009

Buggy Birthday for Dad




Yesterday we celebrated my dad's birthday with a "big, fancy family dinner" (as the kids like to say) at our house. At 67 years old, my dad is one cool dude. Retired from 30 + years of teaching high school social studies, Dad is probably even busier in retirement in some ways. He runs or exercises every day (yesterday it was running for 67 minutes in honor of his b-day), and he is an antique dealer with spaces in two shops. He has a quick wit and loves groan-inducing puns (I think that's a teacher trait!) No matter how old I get, he'll always beat me hands down at Jeopardy, and he always knows what to say or do to cheer me up, even if it's just offering a hug. Love you, Dad!

I made Dad's card using Crafty Secrets' Bugs Life set. On the CS member forum at Splitcoast Stampers, Lori proposed an inspiration challenge. Basically, we choose something to be inspired by and make a project reflecting that inspiration. For this card, I chose my Pfaltzgraf Pistoulet dishes for my color inspiration. I colored the image using Copic markers, added shimmer to the wings with Stickles glitter glue, and made the eyes glossy with Plaid Clear Glass Finish.

1 comment: