Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just Ducky


I've been cranking out cards like mad lately, but I didn't want to post them until I knew the recipients had received them.

This one to the left is a birthday card for our neighbor. I used this sweet vintage duck from Crafty Secrets' Feeling Yucky set. I stamped the image using Ranger's Vintage Photo Distress Ink and colored it with Copic markers. I made the scalloped circles with Nestabilities die cuts and embossed the pink one with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The dp is from K& Company's Berry Sweet collection, and my beloved seam tape ribbon is from Rebecca Sower's Etsy shop.

I used the same basic layout and process to make
this Mother's Day card for my dear mother-in-law. I rarely make the same card twice, unless I'm making multiples for invitations or holidays. In this case, I was short on time, and I loved the way the first card came out so much that I wanted to make a second one. I changed the color scheme, and after I embossed the yellow scalloped circle, I swiped the dots with Palette Hybrid white ink to make them stand out more.

I have more cards to share with you tomorrow, so be sure to come back then. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your day is just ducky too!

1 comment: