Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fishing for a Happy Birthday


Making cards for boys (little and big ones) can be difficult for me sometimes. I'm not sure why that is, except that most of the time I don't want anything overly cutesy, and using embellishments, particularly ribbon, on boy cards can be tricky.

That said, I love the Ian stamps from The Greeting Farm. This little guy makes me smile every time! I made this card for my daughter's classmate, who celebrated his sixth birthday yesterday. The designer paper is from Stampin' Up's Jersey Shore collection, which is retired now, I think. The sentiment is from SU's Hip Hip Hooray set, also retired. I colored the image with Copic markers and highlighted the fish with a Spica Atyou Glitter pen.

I'm looking forward to some time spent in my craft room later today, so I should have a few new creations to share with you tomorrow. Hope you all have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. This card is so adorable and your coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete