Monday, February 15, 2010

My New Toy & Storybook Dress Up Day

My frustration with not being able to find a decent adhesive for papercrafting finally reached a breaking point last week. I kept reading rave reviews about the Scotch Adhesive Transfer Gun (ATG) but felt I couldn't justify the cost or the size. However, after being disappointed once again by yet another piddly, little tape runner and receiving some birthday money from my bil with the imperative to "buy yourself something," I finally went for it and bought a 3M 700 ATG from www.framingsupplies.com. I ordered it on Wednesday, and it arrived Friday!

It took me a couple of minutes to load it, and I was off and running. I used it all weekend, and let me tell you - I am in love! Once I got over how big this mother-of-all-tape-runners is (it is a little awkward at first) I was impressed with how easy it is to control and especially how tacky the adhesive is. Word of warning - this tape is not forgiving, so you need to be very confident when placing items on your card or layout.

This is one of the projects I made over the weekend:




Details:
Stamps - Inkadinkadoo (letters); Greeting Farm (cow)
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Fired Brick & Black Soot
Patterned Paper - Martha Stewart
Cardstock - Gina K. Designs - Pure Luxury (cream); Neenah Paper (black)
Markers - Copic Sketch; Sharpie Fine Point

Thank you for stopping by today! I really appreciate all of you!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you got yourself something you've wanted--good for you! Good to hear that it works so well--love the adorable layout--your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete