Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Day of First Grade

I've been trying to work in a little more scrapbooking time lately. I tend to craft in short increments of time, usually 15 minutes to an hour. The nice thing about the way my craft room is set up is that I have two working surfaces. On my counter, I can leave out an ongoing project like a scrapbook layout (I'm a very slow scrapper), which leaves my table free for stamping and cardmaking.

Here is a layout that I worked on throughout the past week. It documents her first day of first grade this past fall.


I cut out individual leaves from the patterned paper and popped them up on foam adhesive dots to make accents for the title and journaling box.

I made the journaling box wider by stamping the image on the right, then flipping the stamp over and stamping it again on the left.

I hope you all are staying warm, dry, and safe! Here in Western PA, we are expecting another 4" to 8" inches of snow in the next 24 hours. I think I'll make French toast and sausage for dinner, grab some blankies, and have an early pajama night with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment