Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Wreath & a Turkey Shirt

We're starting to make plans for Thanksgiving at our house. With all of the preparations and merry making craft projects that have already begun for Christmas, I don't want to skip over Thanksgiving. It's always been one of my favorite holidays - a time to gather with loved ones and reflect on all of the many blessings in our lives, a stillness of the heart and a measured breath of gratitude before the rush and bustle of December festivities.

Here is a wreath that I picked up at Michaels and embellished yesterday, inspired by the glittery work of my brilliant & talented blogging and Crafty Secrets friend, Julie.

The beads and leaves were already on it. I made the Happy Thanksgiving plaque in the middle and hung it with ribbon.

Details:
Stamps - Crafty Secrets - Thanksgiving set
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Stazon - Mustard
Patterned Paper - K&Company - Ancestor.com collection
Cardstock - Neenah Paper
Accessories - markers - Copic Sketch; ribbon - Michaels; copper glitter glue - Stickles; natural sponge - Darice; cardboard; copper eyelets - Making Memories

And here's a turkey shirt I made for Shannon last year, using wool felt and DMC floss on a long-sleeved, cotton tee. I'm so glad she is able to wear it again this year. (Ah, I can't believe how much younger she looks in this picture! It was only a year ago. Time certainly does fly!)


Giving thanks for you and your friendship today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Marcy! You're so sweet to me! I love your wreath--just perfect for Thanksgiving! Your daughter is so beautiful, and you did such an adorable job on her shirt! I love when they get more than one year out of their clothes--it's a real victory! Thanks for your kind words, my friend! Hope everyone's healthy and well at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy , your wreath is just beautiful! Great idea adding the CS plaque in the middle..adds a perfect touch. You made the turkey? wow Wool felt...adorable, and another season too. Lucky you!

    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully festive wreath ... great job! And look at your little one .. how adorable is she .. they do grow fast don't they!! This shirt is adorable ... I'm not much of a seamstress so this is something I've never tackled! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete