Friday, August 28, 2009

Feeling Vintage

Yes, I am feeling a bit vintage these days. My "bionic" ankle, which has more titanium in it than a 747, has been bothering me lately.

But enough whining, you say, make with the crafts already! Okay, fine, stop yelling - it's still early. Now here's something vintage you'll really like. :)

This was my week to host the Crafty Secrets challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. I decided to go with an inspiration-themed challenge and asked the members to create a project inspired by the fair.

For my sample project, I made this 8"x8"scrapbook layout. This is a picture of my husband and daughter at the local fair five (count 'em - five!) years ago. I used different images from CS's Heartwarming Vintage line from both the Creative Scraps (Travel & Garden) and their Seasonal booklet.

I inked all of the edges to give the layout continuity, added rubon letters for the titles and various embellishments.

The other ladies really rocked this challenge. If you want to see their projects, head over to the challenge gallery, Let's Go to the Fair!

Coincidentally, yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS had a vintage theme too. Right up my alley!

I created this card using Crafty Secrets' Mouse Party and Altered Art stamp sets. I made the music border by stamping the music stamp multiple times. I stamped the mouse, colored him with Copic markers, and adhered him with foam dimensionals, so he could sit upon the border. The Mouse Party is such great fun to play with; I love the whimsical feel of it. Animals & vintage - two of my favorite things in one stamp set!

Wishing you all a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the scrapbook page you did Marcy!! All elements are just perfectly fit with this sweet, sweet image!! Way to go girl ... PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SWEET picture of Rich and Shannon! And I love the vintage look! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete