Monday, June 10, 2013

School Picture Layouts

Boy, oh boy - this school year just flew by!  We had such a crazy, busy year with lots of school projects, teacher changes, a new class pet, archery team, a class play, and the annual auction.  It was really fun, but I think we're all ready for the slower pace of summer. 

I've been making the most of my free time already.  It's nice to be in the craft room without a specific project that has to be done.  Last week I spent a lot of time scrapping and watching mercytiara's process videos on YouTube.  I just love her style, and her narrated videos are so inspirational.  If you haven't discovered her yet, go check her out - she's fabulous!

So here are a couple layouts I made of my kids' school photos.  Shannon's is less school themed because it's more about her being at that funny, transitional tween age.  I liked incorporating the butterflies in hers.  They symbolize change, and I think, the triumph of successfully coming through that awkward stage. 

Shannon's 4th Grade Layout:

Details:
Ha!  Looking back on this, I think just about everything I used was K&Company - the patterned paper, the butterflies, the phrases, the post card, except for:
Lace Screen Print Border - Hambly Studios
Cafe Au Lait Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Chalk Ink - Martha Stewart
Marker - Sharpie
Vintage-style Brad - Stampin' Up
Foam Dimensionals - Darice


Ronan's 2nd Grade Layout:

Details:

Patterned paper & red tag: Foofala
Stamps: See D's
Washi tape: Recollections
Journaling tag: Jenni Bowlin
Cardstock - K&Company
Brad - Making Memories
Ink - Black Soot - Ranger Distress Ink
Marker - Stampin' Up!


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Marcy




1 comment:

  1. They sure grow up fast don't they!!! Your kids will cherish all your hard work on these albums when they are adults (and that's right around the corner ... teehee)
    I miss you ... hope you are well!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete