Thursday, January 20, 2011

Faux Tile Technique

Michele Kovack's faux tile technique tutorial was featured on Splitcoast Stampers a couple of weeks ago, and I finally got a chance to try it out over the weekend.

I'm really pleased with how my card turned out. While the technique isn't that difficult (the hardest part for math-challenged me was figuring out what size to cut my image & squares), the results are pretty impressive. The most time-consuming part is waiting for the lacquer to dry. Michele used Ranger's Glossy Accents, which may have a quicker drying time than Sakura's 3-D Crystal Lacquer, which is what I used.


Details:
Stamps - House Mouse (image); Anita's (sentiment)
Cardstock - Gina K. Designs - Pure Luxury cardstock (natural); Core'dinations Vintage (green)
Patterned paper - Colorbok - Friendly Forest
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Wild Honey; Adirondack - Espresso
Accessories - Ribbon - Pebbles Inc.; 3-D Crystal Lacquer - Sakura

It's probably wishful thinking on my part to see any sun today, but I hope you get to at least breathe in a little fresh air!

Hugs,
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment