Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just Because Cards

Sometimes I like to make cards just because - because I'm thinking of someone, because I think an image will make someone smile, because the seasons are changing. And that's what's nice about handmade cards. They are that little something to brighten someone's day, to let them know that someone is thinking about them.

I made these cards as a part of two Crafty Secrets forum challenges at Splitcoast Stampers. The first one is for this week's challenge. Pammyjo asked us to use clips or clippings in our projects. I used a paperclip and a clipping from a dictionary entry.



Details:
Main Images: Crafty Secrets - Gardening Creative Scraps
Patterned Paper: K&Company - Berry Street Farmer's Market
Cardstock: BazzillInk: Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Accessories: vintage button; vintage paperclip; rick rack - Paper Wishes; embroidery floss - DMC

Last week Darlene challenged us to use something old, something new, or something borrowed on our projects. For this card, I used the new-to-me Crafty Secrets set, Message on a Bottle, and one of my older CS sets, Sweet Kids, for the sentiment.



Details:
Stamps: Crafty Secrets - Message on a Bottle and Sweet Kids
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo & Antique Linen; Stampin' Up! - Cranberry Crisp
Patterned Paper: K&Company - Life's Journey
Accessories: ribbon - The Little Pink Studio; markers - Copic Sketch

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Marcy! "Just because" cards are my favorites, too...I think I feel more inspired when I do something like that!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete