Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wrapped in Plastic


If you know Shannon at all, then you know that she is a very creative, bright, sweet, somewhat timid six-year-old who spends much of her time simply and quietly thinking about things.

I often wonder what's going on between those little pixie ears, but I rarely get much more than a glimpse of what she's thinking about.

Well, last night I got one of those little glimpses and ended up chuckling so hard I could barely answer the phone when it rang. I was working at the computer when Shannon walked into the room, talking to herself.

She said, "I wonder what would happen if I wrapped myself all up in plastic, and then I walked down the street, and everybody saw me, and when people saw me, they would say 'Whoo-whee! There goes Shannon all wrapped up in plastic. I sure wouldn't want to be wrapped up like her!'"

Then she just walked out of the room. Yeah, my kids are a little weird, but I like 'em like that!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable story ... certainly made me smile! Thanks for sharing it!!

    Out of the mouth of babes!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete