Thursday, July 30, 2009

Splash of Color


This is my week to host the challenge on the Crafty Secrets forum over on Splitcoast Stampers. I challenged everyone to use just a splash of color on their project by making an otherwise monochromatic card and adding just a small amount of an accent color.

This is another card using Crafty Secrets' new Mouse Party set. I added touches of color by embossing the background with a Cuttlebug folder, then distressing the raised parts. I used Core'dinations Chocolate Box cardstock, which has a colored core, so the color shows through when torn or distressed. I also paper pieced the balloon, colored the flowers on the mouse's dress with colored pencil, and added the seam tape ribbon. Swiping the edges of the layers with ink helped give the card some depth.

I think the key to keeping monochromatic cards interesting is to use a variety of textures. I'm definitely going to try this again. Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment