Saturday, March 28, 2009

Supply Saturday


I love having a stash as much as the next crafter, but with a limited budget, I try to be discriminating about what kind of supplies I buy. When I'm considering new supplies, I look for things that are going to last, that are versatile, and that are compatible with my crafting style.

Almost every time I make a card, I reach for my watercolor crayons. I've had them for about two years, and I haven't even made a dent in them yet. They can be used with a number of techniques, and they provide soft, natural colors that complement the kind of images I like to use.

I use both Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Derwent Watercolor Crayons. Derwent's colors tend to be darker and more vibrant, and SU! are lighter and more muted.

Here's an image I painted tonight using watercolor crayons. I use a small-tipped watercolor brush and pick up the color directly from the crayon with the brush slightly damp. This bird and nest are from Crafty Secrets' Fairyland set. I stamped it with Palette Hybrid Burnt Umber ink on Neenah Paper cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment