Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why I Make Cards

It may seem silly, in the age of e-mails, Facebook, and Twitter, to spend a couple of hours making a card that may end up in the trash in the near future.  So why do I do it?  Because when I make a card, I almost always make it with a specific person and a specific purpose in mind.  Card making is meditative for me.  I think about and pray for the person receiving the card.  I think about the design and colors that will speak to them most.  I hope that when they open that envelope, they are reminded that someone loves them and appreciates them.  That's why I make cards.

Here are two cards I made this week.

A birthday card for a card shower a church member organized to uplift a neighbor who has been struggling with health issues:

Details:
Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Patterned paper: Basic Grey - Mint Julep
Cardstock: Bazzill (yellow); Core'dinations (blue); Gina K Designs (ivory)
Markers: Copic Sketch
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy; Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye

A thank you card for the guy who lets my hubby hunt on his property:

Details:
Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Patterned paper: Teresa Collins
Cardstock: Core'dinations (brown); Gina K Designs (ivory)
Markers: Copic Sketch
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen

Hope is all is well with you in your little part of the world!

Hugs,
Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Both cards are beautiful but I especially love the uplifting 1st card. Love those birdies!! LOL! So glad to see you getting back into your card making. I'm sure it is as much mental therapy for you as it is for me!
    Thanks for the visit to my blog too ... so thrilled to see your name pop up! HUGS to you my friend and keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete