Thursday, August 2, 2012

Robot Party!



For his 7th birthday, Ronan decided to celebrate with a robot party at our house. 

I made the invitations using a digi stamp from Maureen Manning at Mo's Digital Pencil and the sentiment is from Cricut's Robot Party cartridge.  I colored the image with Copic Sketch markers.



We played "pin the gears on the robot."  A game I made using a piece of poster board, a variety of cardstock, and various parts & pieces from the Robot Party cartridge, as well as some different shapes from my punches.


These are the cupcake toppers I made, also from the Robot Party cartridge.  I layered the circle designs, then added lollipops to the backs with glue dots.  We thought the sparkly silver sugar crystals looked "roboty."  



The kids all seemed to have a good time.  It was pretty hot, as it tends to be on July 13th, so I kept them well supplied with freezie pops and cold juice pouches in between games of Red Light - Green Light (with the twist of having to walk like a robot) and Robot Knock Down.

Now we have to switch "gears" and start thinking about what to do for Shannon's Medieval-themed birthday party in October.  :)

Hugs,
Marcy




1 comment:

  1. Hey there Marcy! Shame on me ... it's been WAY TOO LONG since my last visit! It is truly amazing how FAST time is going! Yikes! These party creations are awesome and how much fun the 'robot red light green light' must have been!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today ... it was so good to see your name pop up! Hope you are doing well ... I sure miss the CS bunch! In fact, I was just doing a couple of creations to add to Sandy's current Linky Party (of course it's the last day!) Better late then never they say!
    I Miss You and thanks again for not forgetting me! HUGS from OHIO!!

    ReplyDelete