Monday, August 23, 2010

Altered Composition Book & Porch Project Sneak Peek

Lately on Splitcoast Stampers there has been some buzz about the availability of cheap composition books at big box stores thanks to back-to-school sales. These notebooks are quick & easy to alter and perfect for journals, organizers, etc. The clever crafters at SCS have shown that there really is no end to the usefulness of these books.

I picked mine up at Wal-Mart for 25 cents each and altered mine to keep meeting notes and reminders. I used the Trend K&Company Scrap Pad to Go to alter it, which was great because it had all sorts of useful coordinating elements, like the tabs, frame, mini file folders, etc.



Back view:

I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time here with my journal:


Yep! Remember that porch project we started last year?




We're coming down the homestretch now. Just some touch-up staining on the balusters, staining the ceiling, and some finishing touches here and there - and we're done! I'll definitely share some full-view photos with you when that happens. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Makes me want to pull up a chair and have some tea :) Love your altered notebook, too :)

    ReplyDelete