Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who Can Resist the Cheese?

This week on the Crafty Secrets forum challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, Darlene challenged us to use resisting techniques on our projects. I guess you could say I've been resisting resisting because I've never done this before.

Happily it was easier than I thought. I stamped the cheese image with Ranger resist ink (Versamark would have worked too) on yellow paper. Then I heat embossed the images using clear embossing powder. Finally I sponged on Tea Dye Ranger Distress Ink. The embossed cheese images resist the ink, and the yellow shows through. Such a fun technique and great for making background paper. Just in time for my dear mother-in-law's birthday too!

Details:
Stamps - Crafty Secrets - Mouse Party
Patterned Paper - K&Company - Wild Saffron
Cardstock - Neenah (natural); Bazzill (yellow & brown)
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye & Vintage Photo; Ranger Resist Ink
Accessories - markers - Copic Sketch; clear embossing powder; seam tape ribbon - Rebecca Sower Designs; eyelets - Making Memories

1 comment:

  1. For never doing this technique before you did an AWESOME job! I bet you'll be using this technique again & again! It can be addicting, LOL!! Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete